Saturday, November 19, 2011

begin the day

On our tenth anniversary, my husband surprised me with a trip to Mexico.  I love authentic Mexican cooking (I'm all about the food) and so Mexico was somewhere that I had always wanted to visit.  When we travel, we always try to bring a bit of the culture home with us.  On this trip, we brought home some Mexican vanilla, colourful handmade pottery and a picture of a palm tree that we absolutely love.  A few years later when I had decided to redesign our master suite, I used that picture as the inspiration.  Since I believe that everyone should wake up to something beautiful, I purchased a live palm tree for our room, similar to the one in the picture and it's the first thing I see when I open my eyes.  Not only does it look great, it works wonderfully with our picture and it reminds me of that trip.  In addition though, it is a lovely way to begin my day and it tells my subconscious mind exactly what I want it to … pure blissful happiness.  Tomorrow morning, pay attention to what it is that you first see when you open your eyes.  Is it laundry ... or a palm tree?

No comments: