Sunday, January 15, 2012

focus

My grandfather always kept his car in spotless condition.  He believed that the state of his vehicle displayed to the world how well he took care of everything else.  While I definitely try to keep my vehicle clean and maintained, hockey trips and vacations somehow equate to McDonald’s French fries underneath the back seat.  Yes, busy lives mean we tend to let some things go.  This year, I am focusing on … well … focusing.  To me, that means being conscious of how I spend my time, my energy, my money, what I eat and basically being in control of my life, not the other way around.  In order for me to do that, my environment must mirror that;  it must be as simplified, orderly and as in control as possible.  So, while I will always continue to carefully consider the items that I surround myself with, this year I have decided to place additional emphasis on cherishing not just the items in my environment, but the spaces themselves.  This includes an always clean vehicle that is French fry-free.  Are you cherishing your spaces?

No comments: