Sunday, March 04, 2012

to edit, or not to edit


Recently, I’ve noticed that “editing” your belongings has become a real focus of not only feng shui consultants and professional organizers but interior designers as well.  Designer Thomas Smythe in House and Home magazine last year gave budget makeover advice:  “Edit, edit, edit!  One of the best ways to perk up a room is to strip it of all the accessories, then put half back and lose the rest – you’ll be amazed at the difference it makes.” 

Since I am continually editing my spaces I figured that there would be no possible way that I could complete this task.  So, I went from room to room in my home trying to imagine which accessories I would remove and relocate or recycle in some way. What I noticed, was that removing half of the items from a room that I loved was impossible, but it was really quite easy to remove them in rooms that needed a fresh look. What room in your home could use a quick makeover?

No comments: