Sunday, March 03, 2013

cyber-clutter



Somewhere at some point, I read a blog on organization and computers.  The author stated that not only do we need to consider the clutter that we surround ourselves with in our homes and our workplaces, but also in our computers! Most of us spend a lot of time on our computers, but we don’t stop to think about the excessive emails still sitting in our inbox, facebook friends that we no longer connect with and documents that we no longer need. This is cyber-clutter and it can affect us as much as physical clutter does in our living spaces.   

The author recommended editing out the emails that we get from companies we do not use (why DO I get two of the same emails every day from Pottery Barn Kids?). I have unsubscribed to a number of sites and I have to say that I feel a lot lighter because of it.  My inbox is less cluttered now and when I go away for a week, I no longer come back to pages and pages of emails, most of which I delete unread. Whew. That feels better. 

How much cyber clutter can you clear away?

No comments: