Sunday, April 07, 2013

plant power

 
 
I love Vancouver.  It is, without a doubt, one of my favourite places to visit and the fact that my Aunt lives there makes it even more special to me.  At this time of year, the cherry trees are blooming, tulips are on their way and spring should be in full swing. Here in Alberta, we are a bit behind the West Coast - my cherry tree is nowhere near blooming and my tulips are still under 3 feet of snow.  Desperate to trade in my winter boots for flip flops, I have purchased a gorgeous yellow gerbera daisy plant for my window sill, an orchid for my front entrance, as well as some tulips for my kitchen island.  Voila!  It feels like spring (until I step outside at least). 

Feng shui-wise, flowers and live plants are a quick “cure” for any area of the home.  They add positive living energy and they revitalize your space. Remember to keep them healthy, remove any dead leaves or dried flowers and enjoy.  Can you energize your space with the power of a plant?

No comments: